What Is Alopecia?
Androgenic alopecia (also known as androgenetic alopecia, or AGA) is the hereditary type of alopecia (hair loss). The word androgenic refers to the androgen hormones that regulate hair growth in men and women. Although both men and women experience hereditary hair loss, they experience in different ways.
Alopecia in Men
- In men, androgenic alopecia is synonymous with male pattern baldness: hair loss begins at the temples and extends back from the hairline in a distinctive “M” shape. The hair may also thin at the crown. The condition can lead to total baldness in men.
Alopecia in Women
- In women, androgenic alopecia rarely causes complete baldness. The entire head of hair becomes thinner, especially at the hairline.
Drugs, such as ROGAINE® (minoxidil) and PROPECIA® (finasteride) and surgical methods, such as hair plug are commonly used to treat alopecia. However, most hair loss experts agree that it is easier to prevent hair loss than it is to regrow hair in follicles that are already dead or dormant.
So the first step in fighting alopecia is to recognize that you are at risk, either because of genetics or because of health factors, and then to take proactive steps to prevent further hair loss.
Bio-Fen : A Safe, Naturally Sourced Treatment
Bio-Fen Plus is a safe and natural herbal formula treatment option for alopecia which is free from harsh drugs, surgical hair transplants and the risk of side effects.
Bio-Fen Plus is based on the original Bio-Fen formula which was sold for over ten years (before the improved formula of Bio-Fen Plus) and remains a safe, non-prescription health product. These products have helped thousands of men and women reduce or stop hair loss.
Do you want to find out if our natural hair loss treatment is right for you? Visit our PRODUCT page.
We Carry Two NPNs (Natural Product Numbers) Issued by Health Canada's Natural and Non-Prescription Health Products Directorate (NNHPD) for Men's & Women's Capsules.
>>> WE ARE THE ONLY PRODUCT ALLOWED BY THE NNHPD TO MAKE CLAIMS FOR MALE PATTERN / ANDROGENIC ALOPECIA (AGA) <<<
NPN Women's Capsules 80025413 | NPN Men's Capsules 80025521
Other claims approved by the NNHPD
- Helps relieve elevated blood lipids/Hyperlipidemia
- Helps the body metabolize Carbohydrates, Fats & Proteins
- Prostate Health (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- A factor in the maintenance of good health
- Helps form red blood cells and helps in their proper function.
- Helps prevent iron deficiency.